This is a yummy dessert that is so simple and very inexpensive to make. Plus most of the ingredients come from a can! Pies are a tradition in our house anytime around the holidays.
3 Ingredient Pumpkin Pie
- 1 30 oz.can of Libby’s Easy Pumkin Pie Mix
- 1 5 oz. can of Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Unbaked pre-made 9 inch (4 cp volume) pie shell, or frozen ( if frozen no pie plate needed)
- 1 ungreased pie plate (for non frozen pie shell)
- Preheat oven to 425 F for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350 F.
- Lay the pie shell in your un-greased pie plate. Be sure to push it down so it forms around the plate. (skip this step if using frozen pie shell and move on to step 2.)
- Mix together well pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs.
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until your knife comes out clean after checking center of pie.
- Once the pie is done baking cool for 2 hours preferably on a wire rack.
- Serve right away or refrigerate. We like ours cold topped with whipped cream.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
If you bought a pre-made unfrozen pie shell an it came with 2. I had some left over pie shell and used it to make Mini Pumpkin pies in a muffin pan. Just cut the shell into 6 pieces and form in muffin pan. Then add remaining pie mix to each shell and back at same temperature for 40 minutes.