Disclosure: I was compensated to write this post. All opinions are my own and honest. I am disclosing this in accordance to FTC Guidelines. Please see “Disclose” tab for more information.
College is expensive however there are ways you can cut costs. Whether your a mom sending your children of to college or you are a student headed of to college you can use these simple tips to cut costs on college.
- Shop clearance racks and sales for essentials like bedding, school supplies, room decor and more. By doing this you can save 50% of more on items you need.
- Don’t be afraid to shop at thrift stores for things like area rugs, shelving, desks, room decor, storage bins, curtains and more.
- Use coupons for school supplies, food and personal supplies anytime you can.
- Ask relatives for no longer wanted items that you can use in your dorm room such as a Coffee maker, toaster oven, microwave, bedding, area rug, room decor, fan and more.
- Rent textbooks from places like CampusBookRentals.com. This will save anywhere from 40-90% off of bookstore prices! Plus you get free shipping both ways! You can also highlight in your rented textbooks.
Never pay full price for something if you don’t have to. Especially textbooks since your only using the books temporally most of the time. You also get flexible renting periods and each textbook you rent CampusBookRentals.com donates to Operation Smile! Renting your textbooks is one of the number one ways to save a ton of money on college costs.
Save more money when you refer friends to CampusBookRentals.com so they can save too! In return you will get $5 bucks for each friend that rents. Plus the friends you refer get 5% off their next purchase! So get out there and spread the word!
Maybe you just finished college and still have your text books. You can take your textbooks and earn some extra cash for them with CampusBookRentals new program called RentBack that allows students to rent their textbooks they already own to other students. They will rent them for you and every time your book gets rented you get paid and that could be over and over again! This is a great idea because you can make 2-4x more money than you would if you sold your text books back at the end of the semester!
- Saving 40-90% off of bookstore prices
- This service is free no membership required
- FREE shipping both ways. (everyone loves free)
- Can highlight in the textbooks
- Flexible renting periods
- Campus Book Rentals donates to Operation Smile with each textbook rented
- Any book returned within the first 30 days after the order date will be refunded 100%.
- Monthly giveaways, textbook scholarships, shirts, and other prizes. Registration is free and you do not have to be a paying customer to win.
This is an awesome perk that Campus Book Rentals has to offer which is Operation Smile. For EVERY book rented this year, Campus Book Rentals will donate a portion of the proceeds to Operation Smile with sights set on meeting and exceeding the goal of 1,000 lives changed. So add that extra book to your cart, and consider this goal as you go back to school this year. CampusBookRentals.com supports the children of Operation Smile, and thanks you for your support.
How does it work?:
What is RentBack: