Mandarins such as Wonderful Halos provide 45 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C – a delicious, healthy, and satisfying snack.
Mandarins such as Wonderful Halos are delicious, healthy snacks that are roughly 50 calories.
For a quick pick-me-up snack, Wonderful Halos are the perfect naturally sweet alternative to sugary treats.
Kids love Halos because the sweet and juicy mandarins fit perfectly into their small hands. Parents love to pack Halos in school lunchboxes because they are healthy and an excellent source of vitamin C for their kids.
This Easter replace sugary treats with sweet Halos! Pop them in an Easter basket, your children will have a sweet tooth for citrus! Along with Halos, here are some other healthier options to replace sugary candy in Easter baskets:
Wonderful Halos Mandarin & Quinoa Chicken Bowls
Prep: 15 minutes | Time to Table: 30 minutes | Serves 4
Quinoa is hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Spoon it into a bowl and top it with Wonderful Halos mandarins, grilled chicken, cilantro, black beans, and savory chipotle lime vinaigrette for dinner or a packed lunch.
-4 Wonderful Halos mandarins, peeled and segmented
-1 cup quinoa
-3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
-1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
-3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
-2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-2 cups baby spinach
-1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
-1 small red bell pepper, sliced
-1 avocado, pitted and sliced
-1 scallion, sliced
Chipotle Lime Vinaigrette
-1⁄4 cup lime juice
-1 garlic clove, sliced in half
-2 tablespoons honey
-3 teaspoons adobo sauce, from canned chipotle in adobo
-1 teaspoon kosher salt
-1/3 cup olive oil
1. Cook quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool.
2. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Mix together the salt, chili powder and cumin and rub on chicken. Grill chicken on both sides until cooked through; set aside to cool, then slice.
3. Make chipotle lime vinaigrette: Whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, adobo sauce, salt and olive oil. Then discard halved garlic cloves.
4. Peel Wonderful Halos mandarins and separate segments.
5. Spoon quinoa into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with some spinach, black beans, bell pepper, avocado, Wonderful Halos mandarin segments and sliced chicken. Drizzle each with vinaigrette and sprinkle with scallions to serve. Tip: If making ahead for lunch, pack vinaigrette separately so bowl stays fresh
Be sure to connect with Wonderful Halos on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.