#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake has been a loved treat in our home for years. Every holiday since as far back as I can remember we have always had pound cake at the table for everyone to enjoy. We also have always used it to make strawberry short cake, and it taste great by itself with a scoop of ice cream!
We always choose Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake over other brands because number one it’s a well known brand, plus the buttery taste is like no other. And lastly Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake is always so moist.
Enjoy this awesome new recipe I came up with “Choco-Nutter Pound Cake Ice Cream Bars” using my favorite pound cake.
- 1. Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
- 2. Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream (Any brand you like, but it must be hard and not soft served)
- 3. 12 .oz package of Chocolate for melting. 2 packages may be required if using the whole pound cake. (You can use Milk or Dark Chocolate)
- 4. Plastic Wrap
- 5. Cookie pan
- Freeze Pound Cake for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove frozen Pound Cake from freezer and slice into 1/2 inch slices.
- Next spread a 1/2 inch thick layer of ice cream onto one slice making sure to cover the entire thing.
- Now top with a slice of Pound Cake.
- Next wrap it in plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Continue doing this until you have your desired amount of ice cream bars. Making sure to place in freezer immediately after each one is done.
- Leave in freezer for 30 minutes to firm ice cream.
- While they are freezing you can begin by melting your chocolate.
- Take ice cream bars out of the freezer one at a time and cover with melted chocolate as quickly as you can. You can do this by dipping and turning them or holding the bar and spooning the melted chocolate over it. This will be messy.
- Then place on cookie sheet that is covered in plastic wrap and place in freezer immediately. Keep doing this until you have covered them all in chocolate.
- Let them sit in freezer for 30 minutes until chocolate is firm. Once they are firm you can wrap them individually in plastic wrap to keep in the freezer.
- Lastly enjoy!