My family and I have recently started eating better and I am someone who loves Banana Bread. It’s something I have missed very much. So I decided I needed to come up with something close to it, but also worth eating in my mind by filling it with protein.
So we came up with Chocolate Banana Protein Muffins. Which only have a total of 7 ingredients. The muffins are normal size and very chocolatey.
This is our first try and it came out pretty good. I think these muffins would make for a powerful breakfast along with some fresh fruit. It’s packed with protein and very low in sugar. Most of the sugar comes from the bananas. Also keep in mind the riper the bananas you use the sweeter the muffins will be. There is no need to add sugar.
Check out the recipe below. If you have suggestion for adding anything else let me know I will be sure to try it.
Let me know what you think of this recipe and how long it kept you full.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 Scoops of Pure Protein Powder Rich Chocolate flavor (25g of Protein per serving) ( I buy mine at Walmart)
- 1 heaping Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup of whole unsalted Almonds
- 1/4 cup of egg whites
- 1/4 tsp of baking powder
- Muffin Pan
- Medium Bowl
- -Grind down almonds to a breadcrumb consistency in food processor and add to bowl.
- -Blend bananas and Vanilla in food processer add to bowl with Almonds.
- -Next add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- -Add mix to a greased muffin pan (I used Olive Oil Spray)
- -Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
- Each muffin has: 133 calories, 12g of Protein, 6g of Sugar, 6g of Fat, 2g of Fiber, 25g of Carbs