Winter season is just around the corner and it’s important that you get your vehicle prepared for winter. Winterizing your vehicle is a smart idea. It just takes a short time to have it looked over to avoid costly repairs and breakdowns. The last thing you want is to breakdown during severe winter weather and being stranded with unexpected emergency repairs. Having your vehicle checked before temperatures start to drop is all it take to have peace of mind.
Be sure to have wiper fluid, radiator, heater, oil, antifreeze, defroster, tires, brakes, brake fluid, emergency flashers, checked.
Don’t get stuck in the cold, use these simple tips:
- Take care of needed repairs such as tune-ups and other issues, before winter sets in. Cold weather can only make these problems worse.
- Be sure that the heater and defrosters are all working. Also keep an ice scraper on hand.
- Purchase winter wiper blades to cut through snow and ice instead of using regular ones throughout the year.
- During winter, keep the gas tank close to full to avoid ice in the tank and fuel lines. Always keep a bottle of dry gas in the trunk in the winter.
- Cold weather is hard on batteries so be sure to get it checked. It’s always good to have a jumper box in the trunk just incase. Especially during the winter.
- Have antifreeze and system checked to see if you should have a flush.
- Check the tires! Check the tread and tire pressure.
- Keep the oil changed on time.
- Make sure all lights and headlights work and aim properly.
Click here for more tips on staying save on the road this coming winter season.