This is a yummy 3 ingredient Pumpkin Pie dessert that is so simple and very inexpensive to make. Plus most of the ingredients come from a can! Pies are a tradition in our house anytime we BBQ or have a get together with our family and friends. I always keep certain canned goods in my pantry that make for easy quick meals that taste great. I find I save more money and throw out less food when I keep a variety of canned goods on hand. Did you know 73% of Americans throw away spoiled fruits and vegetables on average two times a week? Yes I was one of them too! Cans can help us all make sure nature’s bounty doesn’t go to waste.
Now enough about that. Lets get to this Easy Pumpkin Pie recipe. Many people only have Pumpkin Pie during the holidays. I say why wait when you can enjoy your favorite pies anytime. Well in moderation of course. Here is what you will need:
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe
- 1 30 oz.can of Libby’s Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix in a can (This is the one with all of the spices already in the can)
- 1 5 oz. can of Nestle Carnation Evaporated Milk (Or any brand you like)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Pre-made 9 inch (4 cup volume) pie shell
- 1 ungreased pie plate
- Preheat oven to 425 F for 15 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 350 F.
- Lay the pie shell in your ungreased pie plate. Be sure to push it down so it forms around the plate.
- Mix together well pumpkin pie mix, evaporated milk and eggs.
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until your knife comes out clean after checking center of pie.
- Once the pie is done baking cool for 2 hours preferably on a wire rack.
- Serve right away or refrigerate. We like ours cold topped with whipped cream.
Mini Pumpkin Pies
If you bought a pre-made unfrozen pie shell an it came with 2. I had some left over pie mix and used it to make Mini Pumpkin pies in a muffin pan. Just cut the shell into 6 pieces and form in muffin pan. Then add remaining pie mix to each shell and back at same temperature for 40 minutes.