The Epson Expression Home XP-400 All in One Printer is designed to meet your home printing, scanning and copying needs for an affordable price. Once it’s all set up it’s very easy to use. It also comes equipped with EPSON Connect, Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print for convenient wireless printing on-the-go from smartphones, tablets and more.
I love the shinny black, sleek, small design and the wireless and mobile printing option. I work from home and this printer fits on my desk nicely without taking up to much room. The Epson Expression Home XP-400 has a 2.5″ color LCD pop up screen with touch panel and a built in memory card slot.
I had a little trouble with installation but only because I was doing one step wrong and that was putting my Wifi password in incorrectly. So I decided to call the 1-800 listed in the booklet. Let me just say Epson’s customer service was so helpful and walked me through each step until my printer was working. So with that being said never hesitate to call the 1-800 listed on the packing of your printer if your having trouble. Because they are there to help you.
Documents printed have clear text and the color printing is bright and vibrant. However the photo printing was not as good as I hoped for. I posted a couple samples below of the photos I printed.
Here is the original photo.
Here is the photo I printed using the Epson Expression Home XP-400 with Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy. As you can see it came out much lighter than the the original picture above. This photo is grainy with lines through it.
Here is the next photo I printed. This is the original photo.
Here is the photo I printed using the Epson Expression Home XP-400 with Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy. As you can see it came out much lighter than the the original picture above. This photo is also grainy with lines through it.
Print wirelessly from the iPad and laptop was effortless and I really do enjoy that feature the most. There are many ways to print wirelessly from the Epson Expression Home XP-400 with EPSON Connect. Conveniently print documents, photos, e-mail web pages from your home or office, even across the globe with the new Expression XP-400, and a smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Email Print – Send documents and photos right to your EPSON printer’s unique e-mail address to easily print from a smartphone or other mobile device
- EPSON iPrint– Print web pages, Microsoft Office documents, photos, and PDFs over a wireless network with this free app; also scan and save files on a mobile device, send it as an e-mail or upload it to a cloud service such as Box.net, Dropbox, Evernoteor Google Docs
- Apple AirPrint – Print emails, photos, web pages, and documents from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch; no software, drivers or cables to connect
- Google Cloud Print – Print from an Android smartphone or tablet with a Gmail or Google Docs account and other supported apps; also print from Chromebooks and the Google Chrome browser
- High-quality scanning up to 2400 dpi
- One-touch, standalone color and black and white copying
- Removes red eye with one click
- Standalone BorderFreephoto printing in popular sizes and layouts, including 2-up, 4-up or 8-up on a page
- DURABrite Ultra pigment ink produces smudge, fade and water resistance output
- Individual ink cartridges to replace only the color needed
- Standard and high-capacity (XL) black and color ink cartridges accommodate various printing needs Saves up to 50 percent paper supply with manual, two-sided printing
- Eco-friendly features, including ENERGY STARqualified, RoHS compliant and designed to be recycled
- Quick print speeds
- Multiple paper settings
All in all this is a great wireless printer for the price. I don’t recommend it for high quality photo printing however it’s wonderful for all other printing needs such as: copying photos and documents, scanning, color prints and printing text. The quick installation guide included with the printer was easy to understand. The printer was small and compact and the ink saturation is great and it dries quickly with absolutely no smearing. Printing is also much faster than my old HP printer, and much less noise!
On the box it states it works with the following operation systems. Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Professional XPx64, Macintosh OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.x and 10.7.x and Windows 8 is not listed but the laptop I installed this printer on is Windows 8 and it works great!
With Mother’s Day right around the corner the Epson Expression Home XP-400 would make for a great gift for Mom.
Be sure to connect with Epson
Disclosure I received products in exchange for an honest review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be good for my readers.