This page is dedicated to helping Needy Families in the Broome County NY Area
Be sure to visit out new Broome County Site -> http://broomecountyresourcesforlowincomefamilies.com/
Check out these pages on our new site:
DON’T MISS THESE RESOURCES BELOW
First Call For Help
232 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905-2699 Phone: (607) 729-9166 Fax: (607) 584-4667
Emergency Assistance Program
100 Main Street, Binghamton, NY 13905-2812 Phone: (607) 723-4563
Free or Low Cost Dental in Broome County
Dental hygiene schools have clinics that are free or very low cost . Your situation will be assessed , and they can refer you to other programs
Broome Community College Dental Hygiene Program
907 Front Street, P.O. Box 1017 Binghamton, NY 13902-0000 Maureen Hankin, RDH, MPH — Chairperson Phone: (607) 778-5393 Ext.: Fax: (607) 778-5467 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgWeb Site: www.sunybroome.edu
Help With Getting A CAR
- Online Car Donation - has provided thousands of free cars to families in need as well as social service agencies and numerous charitable organizations. DO NOT CALL TO ASK FOR HELP! If you would like to apply for a free vehicle click here and explain your situation in the provided form. If they select you to receive a vehicle they will contact you.
- With Causes Charitable Network offers vehicles to those with low income and other qualifications. DO NOT CALL TO ASK FOR HELP! Complete their form and they will get back to you. Click here.
- 1-800-Charity Cars provides free vehicles to a wide array of clients such as: victims of domestic violence, medically needy, natural disaster victims, families transitioning from public assistance to work, families living in transitional living shelters, the working poor, non-profit organizations, and more. Click here to apply.
- Opportunity Cars – The website is no longer working. Carolyn Hayden, Director Opportunity Car Opportunity Cars www.opportunitycars.com email – email@example.com
- Modest Needs – helps with assistance for car repair. Click here to sign up and find more information on this program.
Get Grants For Paying Heating Bills & Emergency assistance for paying bills, expenses In Broome County NY Area
Get grants for paying heating bills
Broome County agencies and government organizations have processed over 15,000 applications this year for people who need help with paying heating and utility bills. The program runs from November to May. The amount of the HEAP payment provided by both New York State and the federal government varies based on the type of heat used by the household, the families income, and how many people live there. Natural gas users can receive a grant of up to $400 or more if there is an elderly person or person with a disability in the home. If someone heats their home with fuel oil, these users can get $600 or more as part of their HEAP grant.
The locations to apply for aid include:
- Broome County Department of Social Services, which is located at 36-42 Main St., Binghamton. Dial (607) 778-2638
- Opportunities for Broome, which is located on West State Street in Binghamton. Call (607) 723-6493.
Emergency assistance for paying bills, expenses
Opportunities for Broome, Inc., the Binghamton based community action agency, also offers several other emergency and crisis programs. For example, the non-profit agency employs so called trained Family Advocates. These dedicated resources and trained individuals will meet with qualified individuals, and together they will help people in need of emergency assistance find free food, clothing, apply for utility bill help, shelter, prescription drugs, access heating fuel, and transportation. The Family Development program is a strength-based approach and utilizes an individual’s own attributes to attain their personal goals over the long term. Call them at (607) 723-6493.
Catholic Social Services of Broome County, phone number (607) 729-9166, offers limited emergency assistance for bills and expenses, infant foster care, adoption services, parent education, referrals and information on New York and federal government programs, marriage enrichment, free food, and other aid.
Also try calling The Salvation Army, Binghamton Corps. Their phone number is (607) 722-2987. They provide basic material needs; 24 hour per-day emergency assistance and limited financial aid; access to food pantries and soup kitchens, National Missing Persons Bureau; and adult and youth development assistance programs.
©Angela Harris and Angie’s Angel Help Network, 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used with written permission from this blog’s author, provided that full and clear credit is given to Angela Harris and Angie’s Angel Help Network with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.