There are so many cost effective products that can be used for basic household cleaning. Baking Soda is one of them. Any brand of baking soda will do.
1. Clean and Freshen Your Laundry – Add a cup of Baking Soda to any load of laundry to to get out nasty smells and make your whites brighter and brights brighter.You can add it all alone or with your laundry soap.
2. Keep Your Fridge Fresh – Leave a box open in your fridge or cupboards to keep them smelling fresh.
3. Put out a Grease Fire – Sprinkling a small amount on the flame to put it out.
4. Fixed Ruined Pots and Pans – Is the food burnt on in the bottom of your favorite pan? Sprinkle some baking soda and add hot water. Let it soak overnight. The next morning the burnt food will scrub off with ease.
5. Surface cleaner – Sprinkle Baking Soda on a damp sponge and clean appliances, sinks ,counters without scratching.
6. Clean and Deodorize the Garbage Can – Add it to the bottom of every new bag or use it to clean the can.
7. Polish Stainless Steal – Combine it with water to make a paste for polishing stainless steel and chrome.
8. Clean a Coffee Maker – Add 1/4 cup of Baking Soda to a quart of warm water to clean coffee makers, mugs and more. For really tough stains, add dishwasher detergent and soak them in this solution overnight. Then simply sprinkle Baking Soda on a damp sponge and gently wipe away stains. Rinse thoroughly.
Around the House Uses
9. Clean A Greasy Out Door Grill – Add Baking Soda to you grill and let it sit over night then scrub it will a grill brush.
10. Jewelry Cleaner – Use a paste of 3 parts baking soda to one part water. Then scrub with a microfiber cloth.
11. Removed Marks from Walls – Make a paste with Baking Soda and water and gently scrub off crayon and scuff marks.
12. Spot-clean a rug – Sprinkle on spots and let sit for about an hour. Scrub gently with a damp sponge or brush, then vacuum to remove any leftover grime.
13. Clean Baby Toys Safely – Four teaspoons of baking soda and one quart of warm water. Rinse well.
14. Freshen Your Carpets – Sprinkle on your carpet just like you would any carpet freshener and let stand for 15 minutes and vacuum.
15. Clean the Bathroom Floor – Mix 1/2 cup Baking Soda in a bucket of warm water, mop and rinse clean for a sparkling floor.
For the Body
16. Clean Your Teeth – Sprinkle a small amount on your tooth brush and brush as you normally would without scratching the surface and freshens your breath.
17. Sooth an Irritated Skin – make a paste with Baking Soda and water add to bee stings, insect bites, pain from sunburn and other minor skin irritations and let dry. Also add a cup to bathwater to soften your skin.
18. Use it as underarm deodorant – Apply it with a powder puff.
19. Exfoliate Face & Body – Make a paste 3 parts Baking Soda one part water. Gently rub skin and rinse.
20. Foot Soak – Add to a 3 tablespoons to a basin of warn water and soak your feet.
21. Freshen Your Sneakers – Sprinkle in your sneakers shake out any excess. The Baking soda will adsorb the odors.
22. Freshen Your Pets Bedding – Sprinkle on bedding let stand for 15 min and vacuum up.
23. Keep the Litter Box Fresh – Sprinkle baking soda in the bottom of the littler box and add litter to keep it smelling fresh.
Garage and Driveways
24. Oil Stains – Sprinkle on oil stains on the garage floor or driveway and let stand for and hour. Then scrub with a wet brush.
25. Keep the Car Smelling Fresh – Sprinkle on all carpets and seats let stand for 15 minutes longer for stronger smells, then vacuum up.