Always tell your parent’s how much you love them every opportunity you get, because you never know when the day will come and it may be the last time you speak to them or see them again. I moved from New York to Florida about 4 years ago and that was over 1000 miles away from my mom. Well that was the last time I seen her too, because one year after we moved to Florida and 8 days before she was on her way to visit us she suddenly died. That was the worst phone call of my life.
I recently helped my dear friend find a good senior living community for her mom who was like my second mom to me. And I’ll tell you what. It is very stressful. Finding the right assisted living facility for your loved one is one of the most important decisions you can make in life. With that being said I feel that makes it even more harder. As much as many of us would like to take care of our loved ones in our own home, depending on the care they need it’s not always possible especially if you have children.
There are so many things you need to think about and consider when finding senior living center. I can not stress how important is it to also to lots and lots of research for information on senior living facilities such as:
- Making sure the facility is clean and watch for smells of mold.
- Very important to read lots of reviews online.
- Always visit when they are open during activities.
- Check out staff see how they are with the residents.
- Find out what activities and events they have.
- Eat a meal their.
- Ask the staff about personal care.
- Ask questions about safety and security.
And most importantly always trust your instincts.