I recently had the pleasure of testing out the the Martian Passport Watch. This is a smart watch built with voice-command features. This is a highly fashionable watch and amazing technology.
Martian Watch was nice enough to send me over a beautiful Passport watch in exchange for my honest review.
About Martian Watches
Founded in 2007, Martian Watches is an Irvine, California-based developer of unique personal wireless communication solutions that are reshaping how we communicate with friends, family and the world. The Martian engineering team has an extensive history in Bluetooth development, having created the world’s smallest system-on-chip solution for Bluetooth wireless systems.
Martian is best known for the award-winning SilverCare Personal Safety Alert Device, a two-way voice communication watch and for developing the world’s first voice command watch.
Mostly everything you can do with Siri you can now do with your watch. When you call someone you can talk to them through your watch. I think that’s a pretty cool feature. You can also get notifications for text messages received which will show the name of the person who sent the text plus the first 40 characters of the message.
You can even take photos from you phone using the watch which makes it easier to take group photos or great self portraits. The watch is like a remote for Siri. Place calls from your watch, find near by restaurants, send text messages, tweets and more all while your phone is in your pocket.
The watch faceplate frame is made of stainless steel and a crystal, scratch resistant glass. The backplate is fire retardant resin and the band is made of black silicone. And you will find an upper command button and lower select button, noise-cancellation microphone and a directional personal speaker. There is also a 96 x 16 pixel graphic OLED display and a light touch vibrating motor.
In the box you will find 1 Martian Passport Watch, 1 Micro USB Cable and a Quick Starter Guide. Once fully charged you will get about
2+ hours talk time.
This is a nice looking watch with a lot of style and very useful for screening texts and calls. Some features can only be used in a quite environment which really plays a big roll in deciding whether to purchase it or not. Because if you always need it to be quite to use the best features I really don’t see any point. Over all I feel it’s too pricy for what it offers and doesn’t offer. However the watch is very futuristic and very cool.
Top Ten Ways to Use Your Martian Watch
- Afraid of leaving your phone behind? The Leash feature notifies you when you wander too far.
- Wonder what kind of day you’ll have today? Have your day’s Calendar events read aloud to you on your way to work.
- Stuck in a boring meeting? Discreetly keep abreast of social media and SMS notifications via the OLED readout.
- Can’t be interrupted? Just shake your wrist to send a call to voicemail.
- Having that “idea of the year” while driving? Dictate a note or reminder to yourself using voice commands.
- Cold feet about your blind date? Set up a calendar event and SOS alert to give you the option to opt out gracefully, if not urgently.
- Your gang wants a photo of all ten of you at the party? Use the “camera remote shutter control” on your Martian to take the photo from afar.
- Thrown in a trunk by a bad goy? No problem. Place a call from your wrist!
- You’re on the ski lift after clumsily bumbling your last phone into a Sun Valley snowdrift 100 feet below. Do you risk answering that incoming call? See who it’s from, or answer, call or text friends with gloves on and phone zipped safely into your pocket… even while doing a Lindsey Vonn downhill.
- Tired of sneaking text responses at stoplights? No more! Have a text read aloud to you and respond using voice-to-text dictation, even at 80 mph!
Check out the Martian Passport Watch at www.martianwatches.com.
Disclosure I received products in exchange for an honest review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be good for my readers.