Click Communications sent me over this movie in order to facilitate my review.
Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski was a little monster, he has dreamer of becoming a Scarer-and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University. But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses path with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley”, a natural born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right. “Monsters University” bravely explores themes of self-discovery and the revelations that come with growing up.
This Fall, Disney-Pixar celebrates homecoming with the release of, “Monsters University” on digital HD mad digital HD 3D on October 8th, 2013, followed by the 4-Disc Ultimate collector’s Edition Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack, 3-Disc Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Combo Pack, 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and On-Demand on October 29, 2013.
Most recently I had the pleasure in reviewing the “Monsters University” Collector’s Edition Blu-ray and DVD and Digital Copy.
I was very excited to review this movie combo, I loved the original Monsters Inc. and now being able to see a movie describing how it all started was just awesome. Monsters Inc, was heartwarming, funny and I cry every time when Boo has to leave no matter how many times I have seen the movie. In Monsters University it delivers every aspect of a great family movie, it has appropriate humor, great characters, it is very appealing the young and old eye.
One of my favorite parts in this movie is when Sulley and Mike’s fraternity participate in the Scare Games, very funny. My youngest son loved the characters, we even noticed Randal in the movie! This movie captures the college life with a hint of monster style!
The movie I received to review had tons of bonus features which included:
- Campus Life, get a look at a day in the life of the “Monsters University” crew through their own eyes.
- Story School, a documentary examines the challenges of creating a prequel as well as theme that run through the story, and the change in focus from Sulley to Mike.
- Scare Games, check out the MU production teams as they go head to head in the mostly playful Pixar Scare Games competitions.
- Welcome to MU, look at the Monsters University campus and it’s development told from the perspective of the artists who created each piece of the campus from the architecture to the ivy leaves.
- Music Appreciation, a documentary that will give you a privileged look at Randy Newman’s creative process.
- Scare Tactics, look at how the MU animation team work, seeing their process of how they channeled their own most ster-selves nod created moments on screen than were rally funny,k rally scary and also really serious, sometimes all at the same time.
- Color and Light, look at the creation of the color scripts and how they were realized technically in the final film.
- Path to Pixar-MU Edition, members of the MU crew tell their own compelling backstories and share the challenges they overcame along their paths to Pixar.
- Furry Monsters: A Technical Retrospective, explore the difficulties in creating characters that are 20 years younger with the tools that are 10 years more advanced in this contrasting look at the differing technical challenges that arose when making, “Monsters Inc.,” and “Monsters University.”
- Deleted Scenes, four separate scenes- “Rivalry”, “Recon”, “Movie Night”, and “Drama Class”.
- “The Blue Umbrella”, this animated short film from Pixar Animation Studios, tells the story of an evening commute in which rain starts to fall and the city comes alive to,the sound of drilling rain pipes, whisking awnings and gurgling gutter. And in the midst p, two umbrellas, one blue, one not, fall eternally in love.
- Additional Bonus Features, audio commentary, promo picks, college campaign, theatrical campaign, set fly throughs, art gallery, and more!
Halloween is just a about a week away and this would be a great movie to pop in, full of laughter and of course monsters!
Disclosure I received products in exchange for an honest review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I personally believe will be good for my readers.