Taking the time each month or every 1000 miles to check under the hood could save you money and less problems and repairs later on. All it takes is 10 to 20 minutes if that every month. Doing this on a regular basis can keep your car on the road, and ensure safety.
Check these each month:
- This might not be considered checking the car, but it’s important that you wash it at least once a month.
- Check the brake fluid, and look over the brake pads and see if they need replacing.
- Check all belts, and change them when needed.
- Keep an eye on fluid levels, and be sure the engine oil, engine coolant level, transmission fluid and power steering fluid are all at the correct levels as stated in the owner’s manual.
- Watch for fluid leaks under and around the car.
- Check if the air filter needs to be replaced.
- Check the life of the battery, and clean the battery terminals
- Check fuel filters and replace them if needed.
- Look over tires for pressure, wear and… click here to read the full post.