#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake has been one of my favorite treats ever since I was a kid. My mother would have it out every holiday as far back as I can remember. I also love using it to make Strawberry Short Cake. It taste great by itself or with a scoop of ice cream!
We always choose Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake over other brands because of the buttery taste and because it’s so moist.
Enjoy this awesome new recipe I came up with “Pound Cake Fried Chicken Strips With Spicy Honey Mustard” using my favorite pound cake. This will be a big hit at your summer BBQ’s.
- 1 family size Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of mustard
- 2 Tsp. Honey
- Chipotle seasoning
- Sea Salt
- Oil for frying
- Begin by slicing and breaking apart pound cake into 1 inch squares.
- Next add the pound cake to a food processor or blender that can blend it into bread crumbs.
- In a shallow bowl add pound cake bread crumbs and season with sea salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat eggs and milk set aside.
- Next season chicken breast strips with sea salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken into egg mixture, then in pound cake bread crumbs.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry chicken, a few strips at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup of mustard, 2 tsp. of honey and 1/2 tsp. of Chipotle seasoning.