#spon: I’m required to disclose a relationship between our site and Sara Lee. This could include the Sara Lee providing us w/content, product, access or other forms of payment.
Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake is a wonderful treat for the whole family and it tastes great with a scoop of ice cream!
We always choose Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake over other brands because of it’s buttery taste and it’s so moist.
Enjoy this awesome new recipe I came up with “Pound Cake Fried Strawberries With Sweet Cream Cheese” using my favorite pound cake.
- 1/2 of a Family size Sara Lee All Butter Pound Cake
- 10 to 12 medium strawberries
- 1 pkg. of cream cheese
- 1 Cup of powdered sugar (You can also use Splenda)
- 3 eggs
- 3 tsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Oil for frying
- Begin by slicing and breaking apart pound cake into 1 inch squares.
- Next add the pound cake to a food processor or blender that can blend it into bread crumbs.
- Add eggs to the blender, 3 tsp. of milk, vanilla and blend. Batter should be thick. Add more milk if needed.
- Add batter to a bowl.
- Next prepare strawberries by removing green steams.
- Dip the strawberries in the batter.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry strawberries, a few at a time until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and roll in powdered sugar.
- Combine 1 pkg. of cream cheese and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Beat until smooth.
- Enjoy strawberries with a heaping spoonful of sweet cream cheese.