NFL Super Bowl XLVIII is Sunday, February 2, 2014. My big event for my husband and his friends is just about all planned. I can’t wait for the big game just so I can eat all this yummy food I created over the past couple weeks! With that being said I have yet another yummy recipe to share with you that’s fun to make! Check out this yummy Super Bowl Spinach Dip recipe that is sure to please you’re game day guests. Be sure to head out and grab some Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir and Lifeway Greek Style Kefir for this recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 & 1/2 cups Lifeway Lowfat Plain Kefir (or Lifeway Greek Style Kefir)
- 1 package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (4oz) can water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 (10oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 loaf round sourdough bread
- In a medium bowl, mix together mayo, kefir, dry soup mix, water chestnuts and chopped spinach. Chill in the refrigerator at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the top of the sourdough bread, and hollow it out. Fill with spinach dip, and tear the bread from the inside into pieces for dipping.
This wonderful recipe was shared from Natalie Slater, recipe developer at Lifeway Foods.