When planning your Father’s Day BBQ menu, consider trying the following easy-to-make rub and BBQ sauce recipes from Nielsen-Massey Vanillas. In addition to livening up your traditional Father’s Day BBQ, both recipes also make perfect gifts for anyone who loves to grill; just package in jars with the following descriptions for a thoughtful handmade gift:
Delight Dad with the Sweet and Spicy Vanilla BBQ Rub and Nielsen-Massey Signature BBQ Sauce recipes below. Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder, Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Extract, Pure Chocolate Extract and Pure Coffee Extract highlight these recipes that are sure to be new summer favorites.
Sweet and Spicy Vanilla BBQ Rub – Featuring the flavors of chili powder, cocoa and Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder, this rub is perfect for pairing with chicken, pork, beef or fish. Simply apply generously and rub all over meat before grilling or oven-roasting for a blast of spicy, smoky flavor. Make a large batch and store the remaining rub in an air tight container; keep in a cool, dry place for a ready-to-use addition to your next grilling recipe.
- 1 tablespoon Nielsen-Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Mexican style chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground marjoram
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa (Dutch processed)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, add vanilla powder, paprika, sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, marjoram, onion powder and cocoa powder, salt and pepper; combine. Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
- This BBQ rub works great with chicken, pork, beef or fish. Whether grilling or oven roasting, generously apply rub before cooking.