A well-managed home helps create a healthy living environment. As every homeowner knows, keeping the house neat and tidy can sometimes be an uphill task. So many things can get in the way, from a hectic work schedule to pets and rowdy kids. However, you still need to make an effort to keep your house as clean as possible. This will not only help you reduce incidences of illness but also prevent embarrassment if guests drop in unexpectedly.
Getting down to cleaning and tidying up the house requires a conscious effort on your part. Here are a few tips to get you started:
- Get the whole family involved. Assigning chores to other family members gets the work done Faster and teaches responsibility.
- Have a cleaning schedule. Scheduling different rooms for cleaning on specific days ensures that you eventually get round to cleaning the whole house. Alternatively, if you are pressed for time, you can set aside a specific day, say on weekends, to do light cleaning around the house. Another trick is to dovetail tasks as you go. You can bake while doing dishes, iron while the laundry is in the washing machine, etc.
- Teach your children to clean up after themselves. Let them help you clean their bedrooms and play areas, and eventually make it their responsibility to keep these areas neat and clean.
- De-clutter your home. Getting rid of clutter automatically gives your home an organized look.
- Purchase furniture with hidden storage compartments to stash away unnecessary junk. Also, make it a habit to have a specific place for items in your house such as keys or cleaning supplies. This helps you save time, as you’ll avoid running around looking for these items.
- Put things in order before retiring for the night. Organize your house and tidy up before going to bed. Waking up to a clean house makes you more energetic and motivated for the day ahead.
Extreme clean needed
There are times when you will need to give your home an extreme clean. This might involve doing a thorough cleaning by going through the house from top to bottom and getting rid of all items you don’t use. Other times, you may need to employ more drastic measures, such as repainting, renovating or redecorating your home.
When doing extreme cleaning in your home, remember to pay attention to your carpet. How frequently you give your carpet a thorough cleaning depends on household traffic and where the carpet is sited in the home. For such heavy duty cleaning, it is advisable to call in the experts. You can find specialist carpet cleaners in your area by doing a simple Google search. For instance, if you live in Toronto, simply search Toronto carpet cleaning service for information on companies handling this sort of cleaning.
There are no shortcuts to having a clean and organized home. You have to work to keep it that way. Having a regular cleaning schedule and enlisting the help of other home members can go a long way towards easing the cleaning burden.
Tips for Giving Your Home an Extreme Clean
November 12, 2015 by · Leave a Comment