Fall is in full bloom and Halloween is almost here. That mean carving pumpkins, making spooky treats with friends and family. Kids have so much fun picking out the best costumes for the big night and enjoying all the yummy treats. But before you take the kids out to trick or treat this year, you should keep in mind these trick or treating safety tips to make sure your children have the best night.
Every year on October 31st drivers need to pay extra attention to the streets and especially the sidewalks. Be especially careful between 4 and 8 p.m. when most severe vehicle/young pedestrian collisions happen.
Safe driving tips on Halloween night:
- Never text while driving
- Keep hazard lights on while driving from house to house.
- Drive much slower when you are in a neighborhood with trick or treaters.
- Pay attention for drivers dropping off children in the street.
- Avoid any distractions at all costs, because kids do not always notice the drivers.
- Watch for children with dark colored clothing. Not all kids are wearing reflective gear.
Click here for more tips on safe driving during Halloween.